Friday, June 28, 2013

Finally, a bunch about nothing!

Well after a much needed absence we are finally back. Sorry for the delay but I got real sick after the tour, and with job hunting and ilk things are finally settling down that I can make a post.
 The adventure was quite simple, bike to Key West from the Kendall area of South Florida. It was anything but simple. Accompanied by my good friend Adam we ran into a police road block and had early issues with my pannier rack. But we pressed on and said our farewells at the Everglades.
 Not only did Nothing go to plan but it was a constant vigil of break downs and coordination issues despite the long time preparing and planning.
The road was long, hot and downright narly, culminating into 4 flats! I only got 2 wheels, c'mon!  despite vigilant aid from Scott Baste of "PADDLE!" a store nearby my third flat, it was too late. I needed a rescue from the ladies who where driving ahead of me (they were doing a half tour).
 We dropped off the jeep and found a great bike shop with immaculate advice and assistance.

It was all worth it in the end when we got to Key West, amazing! The day by day break down coming soon! Until next time!

-Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment