Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bike Beautification

After tons of vigorous sanding, I finally painted my bike and accessorized! For those of you who have painted their own bicycle, I have much respect. Me being a very inpatient person and one who usually doesn't complete projects, I decided to not completely disassemble my bike. I know I'm lazy, but hey, it still turned out great. So to make sure I reassemble my bike after its new paint-job, I just simply covered up most of its components with grocery bags and lots of tape, making sure to cover up any moving parts and leaving just the frame to be painted.


I used 80 grit sandpaper and bought primer at Kmart for $4. 
 Then used Liquitex spray paint and gave it a satin finish for protection. 
I also primed the rear bike rack and kept it in white.

The basket I attached to the front I had found at a thrift shop for 95 cents! It fits perfect and I love how well it matches. I simply pulled out the handle bar it had and went to the plumbing section of Home Depot where I found these perfect little gadgets to mount the basket to the handlebars. A bag of 10 cost no more than three bucks. Carlos will also be using them to built some camera mounts, so we will be making use of them. You will notice in the bottom picture that I have also added an iphone mount, which I will reposition it to the center bar. The iphone mount I had found at T.J.Max for only $7!! You can usually find some neat gadgets in department stores like Ross and Marshalls. 
Always check in the mens section, their sports department usually hides these gems.

Till next time, 
Heyknee
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment