Thursday, July 4, 2013

Commuter Cycling In Miami at night, a short film...

Now this video in no way illustrates the vast and friendly encounters with other motorist, but I was hard pressed to find a night when I got off work and there was not at least one 3 foot violation around me. This is just in June 2013...


The video captions are License Plate (LP) and State (most cases FL) followed by the number *** ***... Please feel free to hate on this video or to compliment, but at least view it with some empathy. Know that it is illegal for me to cycle on the sidewalk and it is dangerous to pedestrians or other slow pedaling cyclist, for me to be on that sidewalk... Especially at night.

Also, sorry about all the profanity, that road rage hehe...



 

I will have more footage of June during the day time coming soon, and also almost done with "Day One, the Tour of the Florida Keys!".

 Till then,

-Carlos


2 comments:

  1. I can't help but laugh every time you call out a plate number. But thank you for this blog, I didn't know we (bikers) are allowed 3'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is important to know, but also it is not without cyclist responsibility to other road users to follow the same rules as they do. Give due respect to vehicles that are faster (letting them pass safely). This video along with the other one coming, is to illustrate the bad road users and how dangerous their actions are.

    ReplyDelete