Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Getting Dragged Along


Getting back into group rides has been a bit of an interesting push between mental fortitude and physical pain. It has been a hell of a time relearning to push pass both those things. Tough decisions have to be made during this time of training, especially when I am getting ready for my first event. Such important decisions as...
Which color for today, hmmmm?

Aside from the fashion rides, I find the most important thing is a good group of riders, sometimes they may be above your level, pushing your fitness higher. I also find that sometimes you can just take shelter in their drafts, getting a free ride as they drag you along.

Tom here about to make me look like a bitch...

When you get in a breakaway you better put in some work. The problem with that is, I don't have a very high average speed, all that commuting just made me good at sprinting until the next light, not much else. Doing a pull takes way more energy than it should, and that leaves me drained for the ride back, or if I was competing, the sprint.

Yep, I need some more training...

 Anyways my first event will hopefully be the 6 Gap in North Georgia, if all goes according to plan I'll be heading up and riding with Cycleworld Miami. Now there is a bit of a hitch, there are no mountains to train on here in sunny, flat, South Florida.

Hmmmmm.......


I might have to get creative with my training methods, build a better cadence, and forge new muscle groups before I press on to Georgia. Shit is going to get serious, but it needs to be if i want to get out there and do some competition.


No comments:

Post a Comment