Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Close Calls the Ride Home

Cycling at night in Miami is (in many respects) safer than during the day. Less traffic and, in turn, less car drivers. In many more ways, it is far more terrible. The sidewalks are almost unmanageable and you are a ninja in the shadows and so, to keep visible, one stays in the road at one's own risk.




With lights a blazing and blinking, reflectors on my heels, bike as well as a deliberately purchased neon jade green bag with high reflective trim.

This is my Bag

I venture into the dark yet light filled city streets mostly from work, sometimes to a gathering. Despite my insistence on taking control of a lane and finding well lit road, I am constantly harassed and buzzed by either careless or malicious drivers (also known as Miami drivers). Fridays and Saturdays are particularity prickly with the addition of drunk drivers.

A typical Miami night

Also I will try to update this more every Thursday or Friday, among all the other projects I have... yesh.






No comments:

Post a Comment