Friday, May 23, 2014

Monday Morning Rickenbacker Mash


New kit swag

Getting a day off seems to be on the difficult side of things nowadays. So morning it is, most of the time I spend them sleeping in, but this time I needed some recreational riding. Too much angry commutes will do that to you (oh and there will be a follow-up to that come next post). 

The day I elected to go out for a ride was a scorcher, I could feel myself sizzling on the pan that is the street. I am a native Miamian, and I am used to hot, but this, this day was something magical.

That awkward moment you back out your bike

  The ride over to Key Biscayne was fairly peaceful, I even got to take a ride on the freshly painted bike lanes around UM. Now that was pretty useful, I hope there is a trend to extend it down Miller, at least to the "Kendall Bike Trail", or as I like to call it, that extra wide sidewalk that ruins tubes and wheels alike.

Good job South Miami


  Once I was on the Rickenbacker Causeway, there was nothing between the sun, and the concrete, except me. The heat was rough, and even with two full size water bottles, I had to pull over and refill twice, just to get to Bill Baggs State Park, pretty rough. 

out of water again....

  On the way back, I got myself into a bit of a race with some other cyclist returning from their rides, a lot of fun, and it was nice to see that I can at least keep up (if not catch them) after a year of training and cycling. Makes a person feel pretty good.

True dat

  So here is the footage of that encounter, please take note, that man at the top of the climb, is a scholar, and a gentleman. Seemed like he was a pretty good person, we did some talking when we went back to Coconut Grove. Enjoy the video!


  On that note I am also getting Travelingdirtbags in contact with some peoples about sponsoring a tour to Naples, so, there's that down the line. I am not sure what charity would get the proceeds, but be rest assured, everyone, and everything is being considered. Maybe NASA, they need money, and space is cool as all hell.



Or some other charity thing...

                                  
Ummm... maybe not....

  Make sure to like and subscribe, and if you are interested in some commuting gear, take a gander at Rozik Every Wear. When you get to the check out, in the promotions box, type in DIRTBAG and get 20% off your entire purchase, pretty good deal. I happen to need a new pair of khakis, so I will be hitting that up in a jiffy. Until Next time, keep following and take a look at my other posts and videos!





No comments:

Post a Comment